Arborvitae - Western Red Cypress Wood
Arborvitae, also known as Giant Arborvitae, Western Red Cedar, Rose of Cedar, Lawson Cypress and Tree of Life, is an essential oil from the wood of botanical species Thuja plicata. One may recognize another essential oil with the same name, Western Red, which is steam distilled from the leaves of the Red Cedar tree. Both are from the same plant, but only when the wood is distilled from the heartwood of the Red Cedar Tree, it known as Arborvitae.
Our Arborvitae essential oil is unique from other arborvitae specimens on the market for two distinct reasons:
- It is artisan produced by a handcrafted stainless steel steam distillation process, which obtains the highest integrity of the wood’s extract.
- We chose to only support artisan distillers who harvest wood from naturally fallen trees, for ethical reasons of sustainability.
- Arborvitae essential oil is deep and earthy, with sweet and spicy undertones that freshen its natural woodiness. In natural perfumery or any formulation of natural aromatics it can be used to enliven other heavier base notes. Emotionally, Arborvitae essential oil is grounding, calming, and strengthening to the senses, as it is cleansing and purifying to the air. A must-have for any diffuser, spa, or massage oil blend.
- Aromatherapy use: Anti-anxiety, Antibacterial, Antiviral, Fungicide
- Contraindications: Not recommended for children, during pregnancy, or while breastfeeding.