Posted by Administrator on 9/3/2012 to Essential Oil Recipes
Stop wasting money on synthetic cosmetics containing dodgy unhealthy ingredients! Learn how to healthily feed your skin with our DIY formula that can be beneficial for reducing appearance of wrinkles, expression lines, scars, age spots, stretch marks, sun spots and uneven skin tone using all-natural ingredients. Incorporating the natural elements of specific pure essential oils into facial applications is the underlying key.
Visible signs of aging are an inevitable part of life. Although women have historically been more aware of their appearance men are increasingly conscious about maintaining a youthful appearance too. One can grow older gracefully by simply taking advantage of an all-natural healthy lifestyle approach to slow down effects the hands of time takes, such as:
- regular exercise
- feed skin topically with all-natural products
- feed body internally with healthy fruits and vegetables
- avoid prolonged exposure to the sun's UV rays
- get quality rest time
- eliminate tobacco
- meditation, or relaxing 'me' time such as an herbal bath
It was only after using a plethora of commercial anti-aging cosmetics in the past that a valuable lesson was learned. The minimal benefits realized using these expensive products, all while exposing the skin to a host of synthetics, did nothing but leave the pocketbook much lighter and simply didn't make good health sense. Switching to a regime incorporating only all-natural elements blended with essential oils was the best choice ever made, plus, the premium aromatic quality of blended essential oils versus synthetic fragrances is simply divine!
It is important to also mention that one must supplement their anti-aging regime by putting an effort forth to consuming a healthy diet. Only after realizing that these two approaches are inextricably linked will your skin, and body, reflect natural and longer lasting positive results.
Treat your body well by consuming healthy natural foods, preferably certified organic fruits and vegetables. Avoid exposure to the sun's harmful rays. Feed your skin topically using all-natural products. You will not just feel better inside but look more radiant outside as well!
There are many combinations of essential oils recommended for mature skin, particularly to diminish laugh lines, wrinkles on the forehead and décolleté. This all-natural topical age defying and balancing nourishment for your skin is easy to make using the following DIY recipe.
- 20 mL Rosehip oil - Rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids and contains vitamins E and F. Rosehip oil is ideal for cosmetic uses, including anti-wrinkle (especially the fine lines around the eyes, crows feet), signs of aging, moisturizing, and in creams or lotions for the treatment of scars (accidental and surgical), burns and other skin blemishes. Rosehip oil is a powerhouse of nutrients and essential fatty acids that play a vital role in the regeneration process of skin cells and repair of damaged tissues, elasticity and skin firmness. Rosehip oil has a naturally occurring preservative in the form of anti-oxidant tocopherols (Vitamin E).
- 10 ml Jojoba oil - The structure of pure Jojoba oil (actually a wax but called oil for its liquid form) closely resembles that of skin sebum making it an excellent moisturizer. Jojoba oil contains myristic acid which also has anti-inflammatory actions. Because it has a similar composition to that of the skin's own oils it is quickly absorbed and excellent for dry and mature skins as well as inflamed conditions. Jojoba oil is also an antioxidant - so the oil does not become rancid and can prevent rancidity in other oils.
- 2 drops Lavender pure essential oil
- 2 drops Frankincense pure essential oil
- 4 drops Sandalwood Absolute oil
- 2 drops Patchouli pure essential oil
- 5 drops Geranium pure essential
Substitution: Rose Otto (Organic) may be substituted for Geranium, is considerably more costly; but has the ability to produce a greater degree of benefits.
Recipe alteration: Do not increase the total number of essential oil drops contained above! Pure essential oil is potent and goes a very long way. Skin safe dilutions can be made following this dilution chart for amounts greater than this 30 mL recipe.
Additional item: 30 mL bottle with euro-dropper
Directions: Pour base oils (Rosehip and Jojoba) into a sterile 30 mL amber glass bottle. Add essential oils and tightly close bottle. The euro-dropper will automatically set into place when closing the top/cap on tightly with this recommended amber 30 mL bottle. With cap set into place, gently mix by softly shaking or rolling the bottle between hands for a few minutes. After mixing well apply lightly (a few drops) to cleansed face and décolleté in the morning and before bedtime. Mix well before each subsequent use to ensure essential oils are mixed well with base oils.
Take care to avoid the area immediately around eyes, sensitive areas such as lips, nostrils, and internal ear areas should also be avoided.
Note: Only use pure all-natural carrier (base) and essential oils. Do not use any substance labeled "fragrance oil" as those are synthetic petroleum based lab creations designed to mimic the aroma of an herb/flower. Fragrance oils contain no beneficial natural elements and are not considered safe for use on the skin due to carcinogenic (and other) unsatisfactory health concerns.
Precautions: If you are pregnant, have reason to believe you may be pregnant, or are breastfeeding, consult your healthcare provider before using essential oils.
This recipe is not for use with children.
Please read our Safe Use of Essential Oils page prior to using this recipe.
Subscribe to our NewsetterReceive news on sales, specials, and information on amazing new product releases