Rates - USA
Updated: June 13, 2016
We ship by USPS Priority and UPS for all Domestic (USA) locations including Alaska, Hawaii, and USA Protectorates (e.g. Guam, US Virgin Islands). All available shipping options can be displayed by entering the destination zip code into the shipping calculator within the shopping cart or during checkout. Should you have specific delivery instructions we suggest selecting UPS because USPS does not provide a place for this information to be included on the shipment label.
Enjoy free shipping* with orders of $175.00 up to $1500.00. Orders above $1500.00 and/or 20 pounds or more shipping weight do not qualify for free shipping. You must select from displayed shipping options when checking out. Orders qualifying for free shipping are dispatched by our choice of USPS Priority or UPS Ground.
*We reserve the right to amend the minimum order amount required to enjoy free shipping. Should we do so the information here will be updated to reflect any such change to our current free shipping offer.
Order Processing and Shipping Time
We strive to process and ship orders quickly. All essential oil products including Absolutes and Co2 Extracts are hand poured to order from our cold storage. Because of this special handling same day shipping can not be guaranteed.
Periodic sales and seasonal holiday shopping can effect order processing times. Please order early during these peak times.
Depending on the overall volume of orders being handled at any given time, those containing only essential oil usually ship within 24-48 hours. Orders with viscous (thick) oils (including some Absolutes and Co2 extracts) usually ship 3-5 days from order date. We perform slow gentle warming of these viscous oils to obtain a pourable viscosity.
Orders placed after 10:00 AM Friday through midnight Sunday begin processing on Monday.
Orders placed Monday-Friday prior to 10:00 AM (not containing a hand poured essential oil, absolute or Co2 extract) usually ship the following day. Orders received after 10:00 AM begin processing the next business day. We do not process or ship orders on Saturday*, Sunday, or national holidays.
*Saturday shipping: Depending on order volume we occasionally open our shipping department on Saturday to get packages on their way to you!
We cannot guarantee when an order will arrive once it is placed into the post. All orders ship with a tracking number. When your order ships you will be sent an email to track its progress. Please consider any shipping or transit time offered to you by Lotus Garden Botanicals™ as an estimate. We encourage you to place your order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by holidays or by our frequent sales that effect processing times and product availability.
When shipping by UPS you will receive live tracking updates. For additional shipping information please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Shipping Insurance is mandatory for orders of $500.00 or more. USPS Priority shipments automatically include $50.00 insurance at no extra cost. Insurance for shipments valued $499.00 or less is optional and displayed at checkout. Orders over $500.00 qualifying for Free Shipping will automatically have insurance calculated and added as additional cost to the order total during checkout. Effective 04/15/2016, Rev. 2, 07/07/2016
Rates - InternationalEffective May 14, 2015: International orders ship by UPS (United Parcel Service) only and is based on dimensional weight. The smallest dimensional weight (depending on location) is 16 oz including packaging. For this reason it is recommended to order at least 8 ounces of product(s) singularly or combined. This means shipping cost will be the same whether ordering one 5mL bottle or one 8 oz bottle or any combination of products with a packed weight up to 16 oz. We are unable to ship orders to international locations by USPS due to special handling requirements for essential oils. International shipping rates for your specific location can be calculated prior to completing your order by entering international postal code in the designated area within your shopping cart.
Should your location not use postal codes (example: Qatar), you must provide one anyway or your order can not be processed by our shopping cart system. In this instance, for any country that does not use postal code or zip code enter 12345 into the zip code field.
International Orders ~ Import/Export/Customs/Duties
- Please check with your appropriate government agency to see what documents are required and what their policies are regarding the importation of soaps, vegetable oils, dried herbs, and/or essential oils.
- We are not responsible for any duties, customs, taxes, tariffs, or any other import fee imposed by your country. These are the responsibility of the importer. The shipping charges paid as part of an order on our website include the cost of transportation only; they do not cover duties, customs, taxes, tariffs, or any other import fees imposed by your country.
- We cannot estimate nor be responsible for delays due to your country's customs authority holding the order for inspection.
- We cannot accept returns for international orders. If we made a mistake with your order we will correct it.
- Your country's import authorities may hold an order for inspection or any other reason. Lotus Garden Botanicals™ is not responsible for any held order nor for any action taken by your country's import authorities, including delay, quarantine, or disposal of the goods. It is the responsibility of the buyer/importer to research your country's import policies regarding the products we sell. In the case of a held order, it is the responsibility of the buyer/importer to work with your country's customs authority to resolve the issue.
- No refund will be issued for: Abandoned or Refused delivery, Quarantined or Disposed by your local Customs Office.
We will gladly accept the return of non-hygienic products that are defective due to manufacturing and/or workmanship defects for 30 days from the date of purchase. Fulfillment mistakes (human error) resulting in the shipment of an incorrect product will be accepted for return within 30 days from purchase. In the unlikely event you receive an incorrect item, contact our customer service department to obtain a return merchandise authorization.
HYGIENIC PRODUCT RETURNS
Essential oil & aromatherapy related products are hygienic items. We are not able to accept return of opened hygienic items. Return of unopened products incur 25% restocking fee. We do not accept returns of Hydrosols. Products considered hygienic include:
- Essential Oil
- Essential Oil Blends
- Absolute Oil
- Pre-Mixed Absolutes
- Co2 Extracts
- Base/Carrier Oil
- Massage Oil Blends
To speak with a customer service representative and obtain a return authorization for non-hygienic or unopened hygienic products please have your order number handy and call 207-685-0167 during our regular business hours.