Updated: Oct 27, 2022
Both USPS and UPS have increased rates again. Unfortunately we have no control over this but have done our best to keep rates as low as possible for all of our worldwide shipping destinations. We ship by USPS Priority and UPS for all Domestic (USA) locations including Alaska, Hawaii, and USA Protectorates (e.g. Guam, US Virgin Islands). All available shipping options can be displayed by entering the destination zip code into the shipping calculator within the shopping cart or during checkout. Should you have specific delivery instructions we suggest selecting UPS. USPS does not provide a place for specific delivery information to be included on the shipment label (such as bring to door, not in post box, deliver front porch, deliver back porch, etc) so we do not suggest USPS for such orders.
We do NOT offer economy shipping (USPS First Class) because we CARE about the products in your order and want to see them reach their destination.
Enjoy free USA shipping with orders $100.00 up to $1500.00. Orders weighing 20 pounds or more are excluded from free shipping and will have shipping options displayed when checking out. Orders receiving free shipping are dispatched by our choice of USPS Priority or UPS Ground.
Order Processing and Shipping Time
We strive to process and ship orders quickly. Because we hand pour essential oil products from our cold storage we do not guarantee same day shipping. All orders are processed in the order they are received. In fairness to all customers we cannot give priority to one over another.
Depending on overall volume of orders being processed, those containing pure essential oil received Monday 9:00 AM through 12:00 PM EST Thursday usually ship within 24-48 hours. Orders placed after 12:00 PM EST Thursday-Sunday begin processing the next business day (Monday) and usually ship within the next 24-72 hours. We do not process orders on Saturday, Sunday or national holidays. Orders placed during national holidays do not begin processing until the next business day.
Shipping Exception: Due to special handling and packaging requirements for precious Absolute oils, Co2 Extracts, Floral Wax, Resins, or any oil that must be liquefied prior to bottling or packaging usually ship between 3-4 days.
Ordering Samples - Because we hand pour to order, when ordering more than six (6) samples the normal shipping time may be delayed depending on the overall volume of orders being prepared.
We cannot guarantee when an order will arrive once it is placed into the post. All orders ship with a tracking number. When your order ships you will be sent an email to track its progress. Please consider any shipping or transit time offered to you by Lotus Garden Botanicals™ as an estimate. We encourage you to place your order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by holidays or by our frequent sales that effect processing times and product availability.
When shipping by UPS you will receive live tracking updates. For additional shipping information please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Shipping Insurance is mandatory for all orders of $500.00 or more. USPS Priority shipments automatically include $50.00 insurance at no extra cost. UPS shipments automatically include the first $100.00 insurance. With UPS shipments greater than $100.00 we recommend opting for additional insurance. Insurance for shipments valued $499.00 or less is optional and displayed at checkout. Orders over $500.00 qualifying for Free Shipping will automatically have insurance calculated and added as additional cost to the order total during checkout. Effective 04/15/2016, Rev. 2, 07/07/2016
Rates - International
Effective May 14, 2015: International orders ship by UPS (United Parcel Service) only and is based on dimensional weight. The smallest dimensional weight (depending on location) is 16 oz including packaging. Most destinations are 1 Kg. For this reason it is recommended to order at least 16 ounces of product(s) singularly or combined. This means shipping cost will be the same whether ordering one 5mL bottle or one 16 oz bottle or 1 Kg or any combination of products with a packed weight up to 1 Kg. We are unable to ship orders to international locations by USPS due to special handling requirements for essential oils. International shipping rates for your specific location can be calculated prior to completing your order by entering international postal code in the designated area within your shopping cart.
Should your location not use postal codes (example: Qatar), you must provide one anyway or your order can not be processed by our shopping cart system. In this instance, for any country that does not use postal code or zip code enter 12345 into the zip code field.
International Orders ~ Import/Export/Customs/Duties
- Please check with your appropriate government agency to see what documents are required and what their policies are regarding the importation of soaps, vegetable oils, dried herbs, and/or essential oils.
- We are not responsible for any duties, customs, taxes, tariffs, or any other import fee imposed by your country. These are the responsibility of the receiver. Shipping charges paid as part of an order on our website include the cost of transportation only and do not cover duties, customs, taxes, tariffs, or any other import fees imposed by your country.
- We cannot estimate nor be responsible for delays due to your country's customs authority holding the order for inspection.
- We cannot accept returns for international orders. If we made a mistake with your order we will correct it.
- Your country's import authorities may hold an order for inspection or any other reason. Lotus Garden Botanicals™ is not responsible for any shipment placed on hold nor for any action taken by your country's import authorities, including delay, quarantine, or disposal of the goods. It is the responsibility of the buyer/importer to research your country's import policies regarding the products we sell. In the case of a held order, it is the responsibility of the buyer/importer to work with your country's customs authority to resolve the issue.
- No refund will be issued for: Abandoned or Refused delivery, Quarantined or Disposed by your local Customs Office.
- We do not refund shipping costs for customers that reject their packages upon arrival for failure to pay duty fees.
We will gladly accept the return of non-hygienic products that are defective due to manufacturing and/or workmanship defects for 30 days from the date of purchase. Fulfillment mistakes (human error) resulting in the shipment of an incorrect product will be accepted for return within 30 days from purchase. In the unlikely event you receive an incorrect item, contact our customer service department to obtain a return merchandise authorization.
Please follow our return policy below:
1. All sales at Lotus Garden Botanicals are non-refundable to original form of payment. Authorized returns are issued in store credit. All products ON SALE or CLEARANCE are non-returnable.
2. All essential oils and hygienic products are non-refundable once opened. We do not accept return of hydrosols or purchased samples. If you decide to return an UNOPENED product we will accept it back and issue store credit to your customer account less a 25% handling and restocking fee. Please contact us via email or phone for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. We can only accept unopened products no longer than 14 days past the purchase date. In order to return the unopened product for store credit you must have an RMA issued by us. Products returned to us without first obtaining an RMA number will result in store credit less 50% restocking fee.
3. Should you elect to refuse a package or return to sender an order shipped to you it will take an unknown amount of time to make its way back to us. This renders the product(s) inside un-resalable due to unknown storage and handling conditions for an extended period of time. Returned packages in this manner will receive store credit less 75% restocking fee.
4. Returned products without an RMA that are received by us opened or damaged in any way will have no store credit issued. In such instances we will photograph the contents and send images to you by email in explanation of our decision. It is thus recommended that returned products be shipped to us in the same manner we originally shipped, with all bottle wrappings in place and sufficient package cushioning.
5. Should your order have included free samples all must be included with the return and within original unopened packaging.
To speak with a customer service representative and obtain a return authorization for non-hygienic or unopened hygienic products please have your order number handy and call 207-685-0167 during our customer service phone hours, Monday - Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.