While we make every effort to ensure the information presented on this website is accurate and up to date Lotus Garden Botanicals™ accepts no liability in respect of any omission or error on the safe use of essential oils and aromatherapy products. You should always satisfy yourself as to the ultimate suitability of any product.
1. Keep essential oils out of reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard or locked carry case and then out of reach. If a child does ingest any essential oil seek immediate medical attention giving as many details as possible such as products swallowed and amount. The best thing to remember is prevention is better than cure!
2. While some essential oils are tolerated well by canines we recommend keeping all essential oils away from pets. Most all essential oils are reputed toxic to cats. Before exposing pets (dogs, cats, etc) to application of essential oil it is advised to seek direction from a veterinarian specializing in holistic use of essential oil. For accidental ingest or neat skin exposures seek immediate medical attention from your veterinarian.
3. Do not use essential oils undiluted (neat) on skin. Essential oils should always be mixed with a base (carrier) oil first. Please see our dilution and mL equivalent charts for further information.
4. Do not ingest any essential oil internally unless advised to do so by your physician or licensed professional healthcare provider. All oil products sold by Lotus Garden Botanicals are for external use only. Click on Medical Disclaimer section above for additional information.
5. The information provided on our website is not a substitute for an in person consultation with a health care provider, and should not be construed as individual medical advice.
6. Prior to using an essential oil for the first time a skin patch test using a diluted amount should be performed.
7. Do not let essential oils come into contact with eyes. If oil accidentally gets in eyes flush with clean water and seek medical advice.
8. Always wash hands after using essential oils; this is the most common way to transfer oils into the eyes, mucous membranes, or other sensitive area of the body. Never handle contact lens without first washing hands thoroughly.
9. If you are PREGNANT, BREAST FEEDING, EPILEPTIC, ASTHMATIC, have a HIGH/LOW BLOOD PRESSURE or any HEART CONDITION, SENSITIVE SKIN or any other specific condition always seek professional medical advice before using essential oils.
10. Some oils (including but not limited to some citrus oils) have photosensitive properties and should not be used before exposure to direct sunlight or sunbed. We include contraindications within our product descriptions.
11. Keep undiluted essential oils away from plastic, painted or polished surfaces and never use near an open flame or source of ignition.
12. Do not use machinery or drive after relaxation therapy or use of any soporific oils such as Clary Sage.