Minimum Shelf Life: 2 years (Sealed)
Matricaria chamomilla, also known as German Chamomile or German Blue Chamomile, is prized for its deep blue colored essential oil produced from distilling the flowers. Because the small flowers are required in large quantity for essential oil production, we are very pleased to have sourced and make available to you the dried flowers. Dried chamomile flowers can be used in potpourri, a variety of herbal teas, garnish bath salts, potpourri or scented sachet bags, as well as in soaps and other bath and skin care products.
Note: While we do not sell our products for consumption, as a matter of information, these dried chamomile flowers can be added to herbal flower teas because of being culinary grade. Dried chamomile flowers can be made into a tea that is said to help ease menstrual pain. There are also promising results from scholarly studies citing benefits of daily consumption of chamomile tea for lowering blood sugar in conditions of hyperglycemia (diabetes).
Chamomile Flower Infusion Recipe
- Select a glass jar with tight fitting lid.
- Fill jar 1/2 to 2/3 with dried chamomile flowers
- Add Jojoba Golden or Olive Oil to fill jar and cover the flowers
- Stir and cap jar tightly
- Place in a sunny location and shake daily
- After 6-8 weeks strain oil into glass bottle. Infusion is ready to use.
Chamomile Flower Bath Salt Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Himalayan Pink Salt Extra-Fine
- 1-1/2 cups Himalayan Pink Salt Fine
- 6 drops Chamomile Blue German Essential Oil
- 5 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Agarwood (Oud) Attar Essential Oil
- 8 Tbps Dendritic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vodka or other high proof alcohol** (Solubol can be used as a replacement)
- 1 Tbsp Jojoba -or- carrier oil of your choice
**Isoprophyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) can NOT be substituted. High proof alcohol acts as the emulsifier to keep essential oils and carrier oil from separating and floating on top of the water. Solubol can be substituted for high proof alcohol, in fact we recommend it over alcohol.
- Mix essential oil with Dendritic Salt and then blend into Himalayan Pink Salt
- Drizzle vodka over salt mixture using a pipette
- Add Jojoba or carrier oil into mixture and stir with fork
- Garnish with dried Chamomile Flowers
- Spoon into jars and close with tight fitting cap
To extend the shelf life of dried Chamomile flowers for up to 2 years always keep packaging closed except when dispensing. At LGB we keep dried flowers in optimum storage conditions and dispense to order.
For bulk sizes larger than 5 Lbs Contact Us.
For additional recipe ideas, visit Aromaweb, Aromatherapy Recipes