Minimum Shelf Life: 2 years (Sealed)
Calendula has long been associated with skin and body care along with a multitude of health issues. This culinary grade of organic grown, non-GMO, dried calendula flowers from France has been hand cleaned, are beautifully colored and can be used to garnish bath salts, potpourri or scented sachet bags, as well as in soaps and other bath and skin care products.
Note: While we do not sell our products for consumption, as a matter of information, these dried hibiscus flowers can be added to herbal flower teas because of being culinary grade. Dried Marigold flowers can be made into a tea that are said to help sooth inflammatory bowel diseases, as well as minimizing stomach or menstrual cramps and treating acid reflux.
Calendula Flower Infusion Recipe
- Select a glass jar with tight fitting lid.
- Fill jar 1/2 to 2/3 with dried calendula flowers
- Add Jojoba Golden or Olive Oil to fill jar and cover the flowers
- Stir and cap jar tightly
- Place in a sunny location and shake daily
- After 6-8 weeks strain oil into glass bottle. Infusion is ready to use.
Calendula Flower Bath Salt Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Himalayan Pink Salt Extra-Fine
- 1-1/2 cups Himalayan Pink Salt Fine
- 6 drops Chamomile Roman Pure Essential Oil Blend
- 5 drops Frankincense carterii Essential Oil
- 4 drops Sandalwood Mysore Essential Oil
- 2 drops Vetiver Haiti Essential Oil
- 8 Tbps Dedritic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vodka or other high proof alcohol** (Solubol can be used as a replacement)
- 1 Tbsp Jojoba -or- carrier oil of your choice
**Isoprophyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) can NOT be substituted. High proof alcohol acts as the emulsifier to keep essential oils and carrier oil from separating and floating on top of the water. Solubol can be substituted for high proof alcohol, in fact we recommend it over alcohol.
- Mix essential oil with Dendritic Salt and then blend into Himalayan Pink Salt
- Drizzle vodka over salt mixture using a pipette
- Add Jojoba or carrier oil into mixture and stir with fork
- Garnish with dried Calendula Flowers
- Spoon into jars and close with tight fitting cap
To extend the shelf life of dried Calendula Flowers for up to 2 years always keep packaging closed except when dispensing. At LGB we keep dried flowers in optimum storage conditions and dispense to order.
For bulk sizes larger than 5 Lbs Contact Us.
For additional recipe ideas, visit Aromaweb, Aromatherapy Recipes