Minimum Shelf Life: 3 years
100% Pure Virgin Argan oil from Morocco, certified organic, rich in vitamin E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Also called“liquid gold” for several good reasons; starting with the amount of nuts required (66 pounds) to make just 32 ounces of rich golden oil, highly acclaimed skin therapy benefits, and the laborious hand processing (start to finish) necessary to produce authentic pure virgin Argan oil.
Our Argan oil is made by Moroccan Berber women where its skin nourishing properties have been well-known and relied on for centuries. It is not refined, contains all its natural components and can be applied full strength, mixed with other carrier oils, or blended with essential oil.
Be wary when shopping for 100% pure Argan Oil. There are lessor quality versions available made by mechanical means and refined or filtered removing valuable natural elements. The highest quality 100% pure Argan oil is only made using centuries old traditional methods.
How Argan oil is made: Traditional cold pressed (performed exclusively by women). The outer shell of each nut is opened by hand to separate the internal kernel from the outer shell, followed by grinding kernels in a hand turned stone wheel, and finally hand kneading the dough like paste collected during the grinding phase to extract and hand collect the oil. As you can imagine, this is all an extremely labor intensive process, but with the Argan oil produced by these women it surely represents a true labor of love.
In keeping with our philosophy of fair trade practices, we have sourced the finest quality certified organic Argan oil (even though slightly more costly), in order to supply you with the very best while at the same time helping to support the dedicated Berber women that hand process it.
Benefits of Argan Oil:
- Rich moisturizer for keeping skin supple and hydrated
- Distinctive reputation for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; anti-aging; high in tocopherols (Vit E) helps skin combat free radicals that destory skin cells; restores hydration and elasticity
- Anti-inflammatory; comforting to irritated or injured skin
- Sebum regulating for use with acne, psoriasis, and eczema
- Noncomedogenic, will not clog pores
- Nourishes hair
- Promotes strength to brittle nails and softens cuticles
Fatty Acid Composition %
- C16:0 palmitic acid 10.0-15.0
- C18:0 stearic acid 4.3-7.2
- C18:1 oleic acid 43.0-50.0
- C18:2 linoleic acid 29.3-37.0
- C18:3 linolenic acid 0.1%
Tocopherals (Total): 60-90 mg/100g
Sterols (Total): 130-225 mg/100g
How to use Argan Oil on hair:
- Place a few drops in palm of hand. Rub palms together to distribute evenly. Massage into ends of wet hair before drying. This is very rich oil and only the tiniest amount is needed to achieve soft, smooth, shiny, and healthy hair. Argan oil is rapidly absorbed into hair strands.
- For a beautifully scented aroma-therapeutic hair and scalp treatment good for all hair types add a few drops of Lavender Bulgarian to enough Argan Oil to cover length of hair strands, massage into roots and scalp with fingertips. Wrap hair in a hot towel and leave on 15 to 30 minutes before lightly shampooing and rinsing well. The amount of oil needed depends on length of hair. Our handy Blending Chart will show you the amount of essential oil to add to the quantity of Argan oil you choose to blend.
How to use Argan Oil for scars and stretch marks:
- Several Master Aromatherapy mentors recommend blending Argan, Rose Hip, and Tangerine essential oil for belly stretch marks after pregnancy.
- For general scars try blending Argan, Rose Hip or Foraha (Tamanu), with Sandalwood absolute and/or Rosewood essential oil. See our Blending Charts for calculating number of essential oil drops.
Contraindications: Nut Allergy - This virgin (unrefined) Argan oil is not recommend for those with a tree nut allergy as this oil contains nut allergens.